How to Find Beecraigs
IMPORTANT - Hillhouse Car Park is closed for repair Tuesday 8 September through to Sunday the 13 September
Six car parks provide good access to all the Park's facilities but we cannot guarantee that all car parks will be open at the times stated below:
- Hillhouse Car Park - Hillhouse Car Park - largest of the car parks providing parking places for 148 cars, 8 disabled places, 5 minibus places, only 3 minutes from the Visitor Centre and 5 minutes to Balvormie. Summer: Daily 9am-6:30pm, Winter: Daily 9am-3.30pm.
- Visitor Centre Car Park - Summer: Daily 9am- 7pm, Late Summer: Daily 9am-5pm, Winter: Daily 10am-4pm. Full on busy days so please use Hillhouse Car Park.
- Lochside Car Park, Daily 9am-10.30pm.
- Balvormie Main Car Park, Daily 9am-10.30pm (overflow car parks opened at Balvormie as required).
- Cockleroy Car Park, Daily 9am-10.30pm.
- Animal Attraction Car Park, Daily 9am-10:30pm.
No overnight parking allowed in any Country Park car parks.
Should you be bringing a bus or horse box to Beecraigs, please ring the Visitor Centre well in advance and advice will be provided on where best to park.
Information and map boards are placed at all main car parks to assist you on your arrival to the Park.
Further information can be viewed on our
Parks & Woodland supports and promotes the Scottish Outdoor Access Code. Management Rules are in operation in all three Country Parks within West Lothian and should you require advice on these, please do contact the Ranger Service for assistance.
When you are in the outdoors please:-
- take responsibility for your own actions;
- respect people's privacy and peace of mind;
- help farmers, landowners and others to work safely and effectively;
- care for the environment;
- keep your dog under proper control;
- take extra care if you are organising a group, an event or running a business.
- For further advice on recreation and access issues throughout Scotland and to help better understand responsibilities check the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
- Sat Nav postcode EH49 6PL
- OS Reference is Map 65 : NT006 746
- From the M9 - leave at J3 if coming from east and J4 if coming from west, follow A803 into Linlithgow and then follow Beecraigs Country Park signage from Preston Road. Please note that from Preston Road the route is steep and winding.
- From the M8 - leave at J3a onto A89 for Bathgate, then follow B792 towards Torphichen and follow signs for Beecraigs Country Park.
- For those of you using satellite navigation, the postal code EH49 6PL will direct you to the Visitor Centre but we advise you to also refer to your car atlas.
- For advice telephone Traveline on 0871 200 2233. The nearest train station is situated in Linlithgow. For rail information, telephone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 03457 484950.