Polkemmet Country Park
Polkemmet Country Park is a popular 68 hectare (168 acre) visitor attraction near Whitburn. The Park offers beautiful woodland and riverside walks, play area, picnic areas with seating and a barbecue facility. West Lothian Leisure operate the golf course, driving range and Visitor Centre within the Park.
Country Park/Visitor Centre
The Visitor Centre, housed in the old stable complex, offers a warm welcome together with information and advice, interpretative displays, snacks and refreshments. It also handles all bookings for the golf, driving range, Ranger Service and barbecues. Polkemmet is well served for parking, with two main car parks and an overspill for the busiest days. There are six disabled bays, located close to the Visitor Centre.
Know the code before you go - Scottish Outdoor Access Code
The Park is open throughout the year and admission is free. The Visitor Centre is closed on the 25 December and 26 December and 1 and 2 January.
- Please note Polkemmet Visitor Centre closes for lunch between 13.00-13.30.
- Monday-Friday 9am - 7pm
- Saturday & Sunday 7am - 5pm
May to August
- Monday-Friday 7am - 8pm
- Saturday-Sunday 7pm-7pm
- Monday-Friday 8am - 7pm
- Saturday-Sunday 7am - 5pm
October to March
- Monday-Sunday 8:30am - 4:15pm
Awards and Recognition
Polkemmet Country Park has been recognised as a great place to visit through receiving Visit Scotland 3 star Visitor Attraction award.
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback Survey
Please help us to improve our service to you by completing this form
Within the Country Park
- The Scottish Owl Centre, which opened on the 31 March 2012, is a very popular attraction. The Scottish Owl Centre has relocated from Campbeltown in Argyll to here in West Lothian - for further information go to Scottish Owl Centre.