Beecraigs Country Park
Beecraigs Country Park is a great place to visit. It caters for a wide range of leisure and recreational activities within its 370 hectares (913 acres) and can be discovered nestled high in the Bathgate Hills near the historic town of Linlithgow.
The following services within our Country Parks are CLOSED
- Almondell & Calderwood Country Park- Visitor Centre, Public Toilets, Play Area and BBQ Area. As of 24 March 2020 the North Car Park will be closed
- Beecraigs Country Park - Visitor Centre, Balvormie Public Toilets and Play Area, Sutherland Building, Animal Attraction Viewing Shed, BBQ Area and the Beecraigs Caravan and Camping Site. As of 24 March 2020 all car parks will remain closed. The Hideaway Cafe at Beecraigs is also closed
- Polkemmet Country Park - West Lothian Leisure facilities, Scottish Owl Centre, Public Car Parks, Play Areas and Public Toilets. As of 24 March 2020 all car parks will remain closed
- All Ranger Service events and bookings have been cancelled until further notice
There is a need to follow national NHS and Government guidance and difficult decisions have been made to close services within Parks & Woodland in the best interests of public and staff as the public health threat from Coronavirus escalates. It is vital that social distancing, keeping 2 metres apart and avoiding gatherings is observed.
Further information: Guidance on Social Distancing
Please help us limit the spread of Coronavirus. People have been asked to stay at home and travel must only be for essential purposes.
Beecraigs Country Park provides an outdoor experience for many types of user groups. From time to time the Park works with activity providers to agree provision of larger events and activities.
In March 2020 the Scottish Cross Country Mountain Bike race returns to Beecraigs Country Park. Signage is out around the Park to inform visitors of the areas that will be closed to accommodate this event.
Closure of the agreed areas will be in place from 08:00 14 March until 18:00 15 March 2020 on the grounds of health and safety of the general public, competitors and spectators during the race preparation on the 14th and the actual race on the 15th.
No diversions are available for the areas affected by this closure.
Ranger Events Programme 2020
- 2020 Event Information coming soon.
Beecraigs is open throughout the year and admission is free.
November to March: Monday-Sunday 10am - 4pm (28/10/19 - 29/3/20)
Summer: Monday-Sunday 9am - 7pm (30/3/20 - 27/9/20)
October - Monday - Sunday 9am - 5pm (28/9/20 - 25/10/20)
The Visitor Centre is closed on the 25 December and 26 December and 1 and 2 January.
Telephone: 01506 284516
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback Survey
Please help us to improve our service to you by completing this form