Beecraigs Country Park can offer many facilities for hire.
Country Park Re-open
Only the following services now remain closed - BBQ hire, room hire, Sutherland Building hire, Ranger Service events and activities.
To be able to reopen our services, we have introduced new procedures and changes in how our buildings/facilities can be used for the safety of both the public and staff.
For example, numbers entering the Almondell & Calderwood Visitor Centre and the Beecraigs Visitor Centre Shop/Reception have been limited and a one-way system introduced.
Occupancy on the Beecraigs Caravan & Camping Site has been reduced and new, additional Terms & Conditions introduced.
Please help us by following all advice on site, carefully plan your trip to any of West Lothian's countryside locations, help us by taking your litter home with you, and ensure you continue to follow current NHS Inform and Scottish Government guidance. If some locations are busy when you arrive, please consider visiting an alternative site that is less busy.
These include Barbecue hire, Room hire within the Sutherland Building and Target Archery Range, Pioneering Courses and Secure Dog Area.
Barbecue pits are available to hire from the Visitor Centre from 27th March - 1st November 2020. Each pit can hold a maximum of 50 persons.
Sessions available are 10am - 2pm, 2:30pm - 5:30pm and 6 - 10pm
You can request a barbeque pit at any of our country parks using the Online Booking Form.
Barbeque application forms are also available from the Visitor Centre
Alternatively, picnic tables are located at the Lochside car park, Balvormie car park and play area.
From 1 April 2020
Barbecue Booking Fee - £27.15
Barbecue - mid week rate for 15 or less persons - £20.35
- Payment must be made at least two weeks before your BBQ date and a permit will be issued.
- Rules of use do apply and can be viewed below.
Disposable barbecues are allowed on the designated picnic table stands only.
- Abide by Countryside Section's Management Rules (copy available on request from the Visitor Centre), including no undue disturbance/annoyance to other Park users.
- Ensure planned activities during visit are approved by the Country Park.
- Consumption of alcohol by over 18's only is allowed within the Barbecue areas by those issued with the appropriate permit.
- Responsible adults (over 18's) must be in attendance throughout the booking to supervise the group.
- Any offer made as a result of this enquiry will be held for 24 hours. If your barbecue date is within the next 14 days, immediate payment online or by telephone is required. All barbecue bookings must be paid for within 14 days of your barbecue date. Failure to pay on time could result in re-allocation.
- Booking fees are non-returnable. Alternative dates within the current season are not given due to adverse weather conditions.
- The barbecue facility is available from 10am to 10pm Monday to Sunday inclusive. For the opening and closing dates of this facility please contact the Visitor Centre.
- Barbecue groups must not leave any litter or rubbish within the Country Park, except in the designated containers specifically provided for use of the barbecue sites. Groups must make prior arrangement to remove any excess refuse. Failure to do so will result in a charge of £20 per hour for additional maintenance services.
- Only charcoal should be used on the barbecue units, no gas barbecues are permitted Groups must bring with them charcoal, firelighters, matches, aluminium foil, tools, etc. as required.
- Hot coals must be left within the firebox. Never put hot coals into litter bins or onto the ground.
- Disposable barbecues are allowed on the designated picnic table stands only.
Beecraigs Country Park can hire out its Target Archery Range, Pioneering Courses and the Sutherland Building (which houses a general purpose room and changing rooms).
- Group Hire of Target Archery Range (per hour) £16.45
- Individual Hire of Target Archery Course (per hour) £7.40 (charges for competitions available on request)
- Group Hire Pioneering Course per hour £16.45
- Hire of the Sutherland Building £13.60 for first hour and £12.20 for subsequent hours. Telephone 01506 284516 for further information or to enquire on availability for Archery, Pioneering or the Sutherland Building
Group Activities, Events & Information
Individual or group hire of the target/field archery courses and pioneering course is available on request. Please be sure to enquire well in advance; full payment is required at time of booking.
Please consult with Park staff well in advance before arranging any group activities and events within the Country Park. You may need to provide additional information in advance and permission may be required. If permission is required for your planned activity/event, it is advised that you seek to have permission in place at least 8 weeks before the activity/event takes place. Please note that where such activities and events require additional services or use of Park facilities, charges may be applicable.
Secure Dog Area
A recent addition to Beecraigs is our Secure Dog Area, where you can exercise your dog in an enclosed space. Perfect for training or practicing recall with your furry friend!