We are committed to making our website as accessible as possible and hope you find it easy to use.
The website is designed to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
Website Readability and Usability
We have made every effort to ensure this web site is easily readable using plain English. Our web team regularly review content and provide training and recommendations to all our content publishers to ensure all web content is written in a format which is as easy to understand where possible.
Recite Me Accessibility Tool Bar
Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do, like find information about how to access our service by making complaints, access publications and read news.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
The Recite Me Accessibility Tool Bar can be launched by clicking on the Accessibility icon at the top right of the website, or if accessing via a mobile device it can be found in the mobile menu at the top right of the screen.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the (Recite Me Accessibility Button).
This (Recite Me Accessibility Button) now appears in the site header on every page of our website and using the mobile menu button top right when using smartphone or tablet.
After you click on the button the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
Recite Me Toolbar
The text size for this site can also be changed using your browser.
- Internet Explorer: Select the "View" menu, then "Text size"
- FireFox: Select the "View" menu, then "Zoom" or "Zoom text only"
- Safari: Select the "View" menu, then "Make text bigger" or "Make text smaller"
- Opera: Select the "View" menu, then "Zoom"
- Chrome: Select the "More settings" menu, then under "Appearance" use the arrows next to "Page zoom"
If you have any comments regarding website, please complete our Online Feedback Form.
Reporting accessibility problems
If you have any concerns or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).