The West Lothian Council's Ranger Service has its office at Beecraigs Country Park and works across the district.
All Ranger Service events and bookings have been cancelled until further notice.
Country Park Re-open
Only the following services now remain closed - BBQ hire, room hire, Sutherland Building hire, Ranger Service events and activities.
To be able to reopen our services, we have introduced new procedures and changes in how our buildings/facilities can be used for the safety of both the public and staff.
For example, numbers entering the Almondell & Calderwood Visitor Centre and the Beecraigs Visitor Centre Shop/Reception have been limited and a one-way system introduced.
Occupancy on the Beecraigs Caravan & Camping Site has been reduced and new, additional Terms & Conditions introduced.
Please help us by following all advice on site, carefully plan your trip to any of West Lothian's countryside locations, help us by taking your litter home with you, and ensure you continue to follow current NHS Inform and Scottish Government guidance. If some locations are busy when you arrive, please consider visiting an alternative site that is less busy.
The Ranger Service together with the rest of the Parks & Woodland staff, provide invaluable skills, expertise and experience in the management of West Lothian's countryside.
Ranger Events Programme
- All Ranger Events are cancelled until further notice
Ranger Service Costs 2020/21
- Standard booking/activity charge of up to 1.5hours maximum. Adult £4.20 & Child £2.90 per head
- Classroom Based Presentation (not activity) - £28.80
- Activity based at school up to 1 1/2 hours maximum - £2.90 per head
If making a booking with the Rangers or arranging a visit, please discuss your requirements in advance. Prices can change according to the nature of the activity. Got a question for or need some advice from the Ranger Service, then get in touch and the Rangers will do their best to help.
Events and activities run throughout the year and provide interest to people of all ages and abilities. Contact us to book onto your preferred activity (please see contact details below).
The Ranger team will:
- Encourage and assist visitors to enjoy West Lothian's countryside
- Assist in the management of access across West Lothian
- Provide interpretative facilities, lead/coordinate public events, presentations and children's activities and promote working with volunteers, community and partner organisations
- Assist in managing the natural heritage enjoyed by visitors and enhancing biodiversity
- Promote awareness and understanding of the natural environment
The Service will help you both to enjoy your visit and understand the needs of the countryside.
Check out the Friends of Almondell & Calderwood, Beecraigs and Polkemmet pages:
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback Survey
Please help us to improve our service to you by completing this form.
Contact details for the Ranger Service are:-
The Ranger team work from Beecraigs Country Park and can be contacted by email