West Lothian Council's Ranger Service has bases at Almondell & Calderwood Country Park, Beecraigs Country Park and Polkemmet Country Park.
Together with the rest of the Parks & Woodland staff, they provide invaluable skills, expertise and experience in the management of West Lothian's countryside.
Ranger Events Programme
- 2020 Events to be announced soon.
Ranger Service Costs 2020/21
- Standard booking/activity charge of up to 1.5hours maximum. Adult £4.20 & Child £2.90 per head
- Classroom Based Presentation (not activity) - £28.80
- Activity based at school up to 1 1/2 hours maximum - £2.90 per head
If making a booking with the Rangers or arranging a visit, please discuss your requirements in advance. Prices can change according to the nature of the activity. Got a question for or need some advice from the Ranger Service, then get in touch and the Rangers will do their best to help.
Events and activities run throughout the year and provide interest to people of all ages and abilities. Contact us to book onto your preferred activity (please see contact details below).
The Ranger team will:
- Encourage and assist visitors to enjoy West Lothian's countryside
- Assist in the management of access across West Lothian
- Provide interpretative facilities, lead/coordinate public events, presentations and children's activities and promote working with volunteers, community and partner organisations
- Assist in managing the natural heritage enjoyed by visitors and enhancing biodiversity
- Promote awareness and understanding of the natural environment
The Service will help you both to enjoy your visit and understand the needs of the countryside.
Check out the Friends of Almondell & Calderwood, Beecraigs and Polkemmet pages:
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback Survey
Please help us to improve our service to you by completing this form.
Contact details for the Ranger Service are:-