Information for Council Tenants

Information and guidance for council tenants including paying rent, accessing Tenant's Self Service, tenant's handbook, repairs and maintenance and tenant participation.

How to pay your rent, where to pay your rent and details of your rent charge.
Welcome to the council tenant's self service portal which allows council tenants to view rent balances and repair status online.
Please find information for all Tenants
Due to the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Building Services will be reviewing its activities in order to prioritise critical housing repairs.
Tenant Participation is about you, our tenants, taking part in decision making processes and influencing decisions about housing policies, housing conditions, and housing (and related) services.
We actively keep tenants up to date of any developments that are happening. We also seek the views of those we come in contact with to allow us to improve the service.
As your landlord, West Lothian Council has a legal duty to ensure that gas appliances, gas piping and flues provided for tenants use are well maintained and safe. This legal duty is set out in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
The Council strongly advises all tenants to take out a contents insurance policy to cover your personal belongings. If you do not take out contents insurance, and something happens, then you risk losing all your belongings and not having the money to replace or repair them
Updating your tenancy - have you told us of any changes?
Information on garages, lock up plots and parking