Carmondean Library @ Livingston North Partnership Centre, Carmondean, EH54 8PT
Services available, business hours and contact details
Carmondean Library provides a full range of library services.
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- Boardmaker software
- High Vis/Large key keyboard
- Free replacement NHS hearing aid batteries
- PCs with free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library online using the following link: My PC Booking System
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed in the following document: Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- Free WiFi
- Accessible parking bays
- Local bus stop is approximately a five minute walk away
- Main door has accessible push button access
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Hearing induction loop system
Visually Impaired Support Group - Come along to the Ability Centre at Livingston North Partnership Centre (upstairs from Carmondean library) and meet with like minded people who all have a visual impairment for support and a chat. Make new friends. everyone is welcome. Refreshments available.
- The first Wednesday of each month from 10.30am - 12pm
For further information please contact June: 07903540545 or Gwyneth: 07762152727
To access the customer car park take the turning beside Arnold Clark Garage to the Livingston North Rail Station car park. Before you reach the station, take the road to the right - our car park is first on your right. Accessible spaces available.
Face to face appointments are now available by appointment every Thursday at Livingston North Partnership Centre. Please call 01506 283053 or email MacmillanWestLothian@westlothian.gov.uk for more details.
Virtual tour of Carmondean Library @ Livingston North Partnership Centre - Pat Fisher shows us around Carmondean library in it's new home at Livingston North Partnership Centre.
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
National Library of Scotland Touring Displays - Lifting the Lid - 400 years of food and drink in Scotland Learn about the history of food and drink in Scotland with 'Lifting the lid'.
Visiting Carmondean Library from 28th November to 2nd December 2023 the display celebrates Scotland's changing relationship with food and drink, and explores the myths and traditions associated with the Scottish diet.
Photograph - Neil Hanna.
Booking is essential for all activities (unless specified otherwise), please call: 01506 280080 or click the following link to email: Carmondean Library
A selection of board games are available for use in the library during library opening hours - Just ask a member of staff for the game and play, then return when finished!
Subject to availability of games and available space in library at the time of request. Not available on self-service days.
Jigsaw & Lego table - No booking required - Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Pop in and play with the Lego or help us complete our jigsaw, just add a piece or two (or more) every time you visit the library.
Activities for Children
Unsupervised activities - No booking required - Available throughout the month during library opening hours at the children's activity table
- Colouring in sheets
- Word searches
Halloween Craft & Stories
- Friday 13th October, 2pm - 3pm
Lego club - No booking required
- Saturdays 7th & 21st October, 11am - 12pm.
Coding/STEM club - Suitable for children aged 8yrs +
- Saturdays 14th & 28th October, 10.30am-11.30am
- Thursdays 5th & 19th October, 3.30pm - 4.30pm
Bookbug sessions - No booking required
- Mondays 2nd, 16th & 30th October, 10am - 10.30am
Gaelic Bookbug session - Our Gaelic Bookbug sessions are fun filled song and rhyme sessions with the added bonus of learning some Gaelic with your child. You don't need any Gaelic speaking or reading experience to attend, just the enthusiasm to learn whilst helping your child learn too!
- Tuesday 3rd October, 1.30pm
Activities for Adults
Adult book group
- Wednesday 18th October, 11am - 12pm
Adult craft club
- Tuesdays 3rd & 17th October, 11am-12pm
Livingston North Partnership Centre
Carmondean Centre Road
Monday: 10am – 5pm
Tuesday: 10am – 7pm
Thursday: 10am – 7pm
Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 01506 280080