About Council Housing
West Lothian Council has approximately 13,500 properties which consists of a mixture of houses, flats and sheltered housing.
The Council can provide housing information and advice for everyone, whether you are a council tenant, an owner/occupier, a lodger, living at home, privately renting, a Housing Association tenant or even a landlord. More information is available on thisleaflet.
For council tenants, your local housing team provides a full housing service to customers.
This service includes:
- Repairs - inspecting and ordering
- Rent collection and rent arrears
- Letting empty homes
- Mutual exchange
- Estate management- including looking after the areas around council owned homes
- Dealing with and neighbour complaints
- Tenancy matters - making sure that tenants stick to the terms of their tenancy agreement
- The Council's Housing Strategy and New Build Council Housing Section is responsible for a number of key aspects of service delivery to the community within West Lothian.
Applying for a Council House - West Lothian Housing Register
There are three partners of the West Lothian Housing Register who are Almond Housing Association, Weslo Housing Management and West Lothian Council. You only submit the one application for the three partners of the Register. You select which of the partners you wish to be considered by. There is no limit on how many you select. For more information , see the section on Applying for a House