Early Learning & Childcare (ELC) 2 year old provision
Find out more information about the Early Learning & Childcare 2 year old provision.
Your child may be eligible for 600 hours of ELC provision from the start of the first term after their 2nd birthday, if you are the child's parent/carer and you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit listed below or you are a kinship carer or parent appointed guardian through section 7 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995:-
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income based)
- Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is below £16,105
- Both maximum CTC and WTC with income less than £7,320
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit - monthly earned income does not exceed £610
You will find further guidance in:
How to do I apply?
You can apply using the Application for an Early Learning and Childcare place for a 2 year old online form.