Children's Play Areas
West Lothian Council inspect and maintain play areas all year round.
Improving play areas
Opportunities to participate in play activities are essential to the healthy mental, physical, social and emotional development of children. The main objectives are to ensure that children have accessible, safer, inclusive fun and stimulating play environments.
For details of your nearest Greenspace, search the map using place names or postcodes.
Inspection of play areas
West Lothian Council's equipped play areas are inspected on a regular basis. In between visits customers are invited to report any problems such as dog fouling to us by e-mailing us at email@example.com or telephoning 01506 280000.
Play areas completed in 2018/19
- Blackburn Hall, Blackburn (new park)
- Bankton Park West, Murieston
- Addiewell Primary School, Addiewell
- Falcon Brae, Ladywell
- Wood Park, Armadale
- Charles Crescent, Bathgate
- Bridge Street, Fauldhouse
- Columbia Avenue, Howden
- Meadow Park, Bathgate
Service Standards for Play Area Maintenance:
- Inspect and maintain our play areas once every ten working days
- Conduct independent inspection of all sites at least once every 18 months
- Make safe dangerous or vandalised equipment within 24 hours