Find out how to apply for planning permission, how to object to an application, and how an application is decided by the council's Development Management service.
- Do I Need Planning Permission? You will probably need planning permission if you want to: build something new; make a change to your building or land; or change the use of your building.
- Pre-Application Enquiry Use this form if you know you need planning permission and want to find out whether it is likely to be supported. We will assess your proposal against development plan policies and issues such as privacy, overshadowing and other impacts it might have on your neighbours. Do not use this form to find out whether or not you need planning permission for your development. For advice on that, please visit our page titled 'Do I Need Planning Permission?'
- Apply for Planning Permission Find out what sort of application you need, and the fee. The Government's ePlanning website makes submitting an application quick and easy.
- View, object to or comment on a Planning Application Use our planning portal to view the details of a planning application and submit an objection or comment.
- How is a planning application processed? How to submit a planning application and an explanation of the process.
- Planning Enforcement We investigate and enforce alleged breaches of planning control.