View, object to or comment on a Planning Application
Use our planning portal to view the details of a planning application and submit an objection or comment.
You can use our planning portal to:
- view a planning application. All you have to do is type in the street name or application number of the site, then select the documents that interest you
- submit a comment, either in support or objecting to the proposal. Find out what you can and can't object on and how to do it.
- follow the progress of an application
- view details of all applications, including decision notices (dating from mid 2003)
- view associated plans and documents
You will only be able to check the outcome of an application which was decided after 1992. For information on earlier applications please contact the council on 01506 280000 or at email@example.com.
Weekly List of Planning Applications
You can view the current and recent weekly lists of applications received by the council by clicking on the 'weekly/monthly lists' tab on the planning portal.
Section 36A of the Town & Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 and Regulation 22 of the Development Management (Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Scotland) Regulations 2013 normally require hard copies of planning application files and lists of cases to be made available for public inspection and copying. On 11 May 2020 the council resolved under section 7 of and paragraph 10(2) of Schedule 6 to the Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020 to suspend that duty during the coronavirus emergency period. Instead, copies will be made available on request by electronic means or by post. Any requests for inspection must be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Having difficulty with the portal?
Occasionally the portal can suffer from technical issues which can restrict access. Should you be unable to view an application or leave a comment, please email us or the council's customer services, who you can also call on 01506 280000.