Bookbug West Lothian
Bookbug encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with their children from as young an age as possible, developing a lifelong love of books.
We are really happy to announce that our Free Bookbug Story, Song and Rhyme Sessions for babies, toddlers, pre-school children and their families are resuming gradually in West Lothian libraries.
Bookbug sessions resuming in September at:
- Tuesday 14th September 2pm - 2.30pm, fortnightly thereafter.
- Monday 6th September 10am - 10.30am, fortnightly thereafter.
Whitburn library (Booking essential):
- Thursday 9th September 10.15am - 10.45am, fortnightly thereafter.
To ensure the safety of our customers and staff, Bookbug session numbers will remain limited based on the capacity at each library. Face coverings should be worn by adults, unless exempt and Test and Protect procedures through Check in Scotland remain in place.
All visitors will also be encouraged to maintain good hand hygiene with washing and sanitising facilities available in every venue, with a one-way system in place and windows and doors open where possible to increase ventilation.
Bookbug sessions will gradually resume in our other libraries soon, please check back here or visit West Lothian Bookbug Facebook page for updates.
Download the Bookbug's Songs and Rhymes app to enjoy Bookbug songs and rhymes
Find us on the West Lothian Bookbug Facebook page
Online Bookbug session videos
- West Lothian libraries - Bookbug Songs & Rhymes Playlist
- Whitburn Library - Bookbug Songs
- Blackburn library celebrates Bookbug Week 2021
- Almondbank library celebrates Bookbug Week 2021
- Simpson library Bookbug session - April 2021
- East Calder Bookbug session - March 2021
- Broxburn library Bookbug session - February 2021
- Armadale library - Bookbug nursery rhyme session
- Simpson library - Scottish themed Bookbug session
- Whitburn library - Bookbug sing-a-long session
- Simpson library - Christmas 2021 Bookbug session
Bookbug Library Challenge
This is a free programme that encourages children up to four years old to discover and enjoy their local library. All those taking part are given a collector's card and can collect a selection of beautifully illustrated certificates along the way.
Five easy steps to starting Bookbug's Library Challenge:
- Enrol your child at the library
- Ask for your Bookbug Library Challenge Collector Card
- Collect a stamp for each library visit
- Exchange six stamps for a beautiful certificate
- Get a new Collector card and start again
Visit the Scottish Book Trust website for more information about Bookbug and how to help your child learn to love books.
Colouring sheets to download and print: