Bookbug sessions are fun, free and friendly events, open to babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together.
Bookbug encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with their children from as young an age as possible, developing a lifelong love of books. Bookbug sessions are fun, free and friendly events, available in most libraries. Each session lasts around 30 minutes and includes songs, stories and rhymes.
The Bookbug timetable lists all the sessions, and there is no need to book except at Linlithgow Library due to space restrictions. Please phone Linlithgow Library on 01506 283880 if you wish to make a booking for the Bookbug session.
For further information find us on the West Lothian Bookbug Facebook page
Bookbug Library Challenge
This is a free programme that encourages children up to four years old to discover and enjoy their local library. All those taking part are given a collector's card and can collect a selection of beautifully illustrated certificates along the way.
Five easy steps to starting Bookbug's Library Challenge:
- Join your child at the library
- Ask for your Bookbug Library Challenge Collector Card
- Collect a stamp for each library visit
- Exchange six stamps for a beautiful certificate
- Get a new Collector card and start again
Visit the Scottish Book Trust website for more information about Bookbug and how to help your child learn to love books.
Scottish Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2018
The shortlist of titles for this year's Scottish Bookbug Prize are:
- Little Owl's Egg by Debi Gliori, illustrated by Alison Brown
- The Fourth Bonniest Baby in Dundee by Michelle Sloan, illustrated by Kasia Matyjaszek
- Gorilla Loves Vanilla by Chae Strathie, illustrated by Nicola O'Byrne
The winner has now been announced - to find out more watch this entertaining video with your little ones:
All titles are available from West Lothian Libraries.