Bookbug West Lothian
Bookbug is Scotland's universal early years book gifting programme and aims to inspire a love of stories, songs and rhymes from birth.
Bookbug encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with their children from as young an age as possible, developing a lifelong love of books.
Sharing stories, songs and rhymes with babies and young children has many benefits including supporting children's language, learning and social skills. It's fun, free and simple, and the benefits will last their lifetime.
Remember to follow us on Facebook @Bookbug West Lothian
Discover the benefits of sharing stories, songs and rhymes with babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers to give them the best start in life.
Booking is required unless specified otherwise. Full contact details for each library are available on the monthly programme and the individual library webpages: Your Library
Gaelic Bookbug sessions in West Lothian Libraries
Please note changes to Gaelic Bookbug session days from December 2023
Our Gaelic Bookbug sessions are fun filled song and rhyme sessions with the added bonus of learning some Gaelic with your child.
You don't need any Gaelic speaking or reading experience to attend, just the enthusiasm to learn whilst helping your child learn too!
Booking essential, please contact the library you wish to attend to reserve a place:
Carmondean Library @ Livingston North Partnership Centre, Carmondean, EH54 8PT - Monday 4th December at 1.30pm - For more information or to book please call: 01506 280080 or email: Carmondean Library
Gaelic Bookbug sessions are led by Kirsteen Murray, Early Years Manager and Development Officer at Comann nam Pàrant, the national parents' advice and support organisation on Gaelic Medium Education.
Bookbug Library Challenge
This is a free programme that encourages children up to four years old to discover and enjoy their local library. All those taking part are given a collector's card and can collect a selection of beautifully illustrated certificates along the way.
Five easy steps to starting Bookbug's Library Challenge:
- Enrol your child at the library
- Ask for your Bookbug Library Challenge Collector Card
- Collect a stamp for each library visit
- Receive a beautiful certificate when the card is full and automatic entry to our monthly prize draw to win an 18cm Bookbug toy
- Get a new Collector card and start again
Colouring sheets to download and print:
West Lothian Libraries - Bookbug session videos
- West Lothian libraries - Bookbug Songs & Rhymes Playlist
- Carmondean Library Bookbug Session - August 2021
- Whitburn Library - Bookbug Songs
- Broxburn library celebrates Bookbug week 2021
- Blackburn library celebrates Bookbug Week 2021
- Almondbank library celebrates Bookbug Week 2021
- Simpson library Bookbug session - April 2021
- East Calder Bookbug session - March 2021
- Broxburn library Bookbug session - February 2021
- Armadale library - Bookbug nursery rhyme session
- Simpson library - Scottish themed Bookbug session
- Whitburn library - Bookbug sing-a-long session
- Simpson library - Christmas 2021 Bookbug session
Download the Bookbug's Songs and Rhymes app to enjoy Bookbug songs and rhymes
Find us on the West Lothian Bookbug Facebook page
Visit the Scottish Book Trust website for more information about Bookbug and how to help your child learn to love books.