Services available, business hours and contact details
Linlithgow Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Book Groups
- Bookbug sessions
- Boardmaker software
- High Visibility keyboard
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- 7 PCs providing free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library online using the following link: My PC Booking System (opens new window)
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Library service charges [105KB] Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- Free WiFi
- Two Accessible parking bays nearby
- Local bus stops are approximately a few minutes' walk away
- No steps to access the main door
Community Connections Drop In Sessions - Every Thursday, 2pm - 4pm
Not sure what support is out there? Come along to our Health & Wellbeing drop in sessions run by West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership to have a conversation, enjoy a cuppa and let us point you in the right direction.
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Booking is essential for all activities (unless specified otherwise), please call: 01506 283880 or click the following link to email: Linlithgow library (opens new window)
A selection of board games are available for use in the library during library opening hours - Just ask a member of staff for the game and play, then return when finished!
Subject to availability of games and available space in library at the time of request. Not available on self-service days.
Community Jigsaw - No booking required - Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Pop in and help us complete our jigsaw, just add a piece or two (or more) every time you visit the library.
Activities for Children
Unsupervised Children's Activities - No booking required
- Colouring-in sheets - Available during library opening hours
- Children's treasure hunt - Available Tuesday -Saturday
- Crafts - Available Tuesday - Saturday
Supervised Children's Activities - Booking required unless specified otherwise
Drop-in Crafts - No booking required
- Fridays 9th & 23rd June, 2.15pm - 3.15pm
- Tuesdays 6th & 22nd June, 10am
Gaelic Bookbug session - Our Gaelic Bookbug sessions are fun filled song and rhyme sessions with the added bonus of learning some Gaelic with your child. You don't need any Gaelic speaking or reading experience to attend, just the enthusiasm to learn whilst helping your child learn too!
- No session in June
Activities for Adults
Craft & Chat group
- Every Tuesday, 2pm - 4pm (except Tuesday 13th June - Linlithgow Marches day)
Adult Jigsaw club
- Every Wednesday, 10am - 12pm
Diamond Art - Choose a design provided by us and every week come join us in the challenge to complete you chosen picture
- Every Thursday, 10am - 12pm
Linlithgow Readers - Book group
- Tuesday 6th June, 6pm - 7pm
Linlithgow Partnership Centre
Tam Dalyell House
Monday: 9am - 5pm - Self service only
Tuesday: 9am – 7pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 01506 283880
There is no customer car park available at this building. Options include the various public car parks within the town or, if there are spaces available, the street adjacent to the building.