Toggle menu

Business and Trade

If you wish to sell alcohol then you will need a licence. This includes events where alcohol is provided following the purchase of an entrance ticket.
How to report a change in circumstances that will change your Business Rates liability.
If you are organising an event which is open to the public you may need a licence.
West Lothian Licensing Board has a range of functions under the Gambling Act 2005
Information on holding public processions (parades) in West Lothian and how to make a representation about the procession or a complaint about the notification process.
How to register a food business.
West Lothian Council as licensing authority administers a licensing scheme for taxi and private hire car vehicle and their drivers.
West Lothian Council as licensing authority administers a number of licensing schemes for trading licences under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 and other legislation including the licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs), caravan sites, street traders, metal dealers and second hand dealers.