Recycling Centres

Recycling Centres in West Lothian re-opened on 1 June 2020 in line with Scottish Government guidance. All 5 Recycling Centres are open 7 days a week, 10am - 6pm.

Sites are likely to be extremely busy, so please only visit if you cannot store your waste safely at home for a bit longer.

When you arrive you will see some changes to how the centres normally look - please familiarise yourself with the following site rules and the FAQs before visiting, so you know what to expect.

Please Note: Clothing Recycling Banks and Other Recycling Bring Sites such as books/DVDs etc. (Excluding Glass) - REMAIN CLOSED
Householders should be suspicious of people or businesses offering unrealistically cheap waste services. This may be a sign that the waste is not being legally managed.

Site Rules:

The way the sites work has changed to protect residents & staff, 

  • Cars only, no vans or trailers permitted
  • Stay in your vehicle until allocated a parking bay
  • Each bay gives access to one bagged waste and one bulky waste skip
  • Maintain 2m distancing from staff and any other site users
  • Do not leave your parking bay, the rest of the site is currently closed
  • Staff cannot provide any physical assistance
  • Abuse towards our staff will not be not tolerated
  • Please be patient, we may need to close for servicing
  • No electrical items, gas bottles, tyres, liquids or asbestos can be accepted at this time


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the opening hours?

What will happen when I arrive at the recycling centre?

What can I take to the recycling centre?

Where will I put my waste in the recycling centre?

What is bagged waste?

Will someone help me to put my waste in the skip?

What waste can't I take to the recycling centre?

Why can't I take these items to the recycling centre?

How many times can you visit the recycling centre?

Are commercial vehicles with permits allowed on the site?

Why are a limited number of cars allowed on site at any one time?

Will restricting access not cause long queues and traffic jams?

Can I take clothes to the recycling centre?

Why do we normally have to separate the waste but now you can operate two skips?

Will my waste still be recycled even though it's all in the same skip?



East Main Street, EH47 7QU

Traffic management in place - No right turn


Greendykes Industrial Estate, EH52 6PG


Braehead Road, EH49 6HF


Oakbank (A71, Livingston), EH53 0TP

Traffic management in place - filter lane from Lizzie Brice Roundabout


Burnhouse Industrial Estate, EH47 0LQ

Traffic management in place - No right turn