Free School Meals during holiday periods
Free school meals to children eligible young people will be provided during holiday periods.
The provision of free school meals has been a key objective of the council. The support will continue during school holiday periods in recognition of the ongoing impact the coronavirus pandemic is having on low income families.
To maximise the amount of support offered to children and young people in low income families, and to avoid problems of access for children and young people, an alternative model of provision has now been put in place.
The Council has approved the following direct payments, to the families of P5 - S6 children and young people eligible for free school meals, and P1 - P5 pupils in receipt of a school clothing grant:
2022/2023 Academic Year:
- A payment of £21 per eligible child during the October Holiday 2022
- A payment of £15 per week per eligible child (a total of £30 per eligible child) during the Christmas Holiday 2022
- A payment of £18 per eligible child during the February Half Term Holiday 2023
- A payment of £15 per week per eligible child (a total of £30 per eligible child) during the Easter Holiday 2023
- A payment of £15 per week per eligible child (a total of £90 per eligible child) during the Summer Holiday 2023