Commercial Tenants Rent Assistance Scheme
The Property Management and Development services is very much open for business. Due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak, our staff are currently working offsite and we would ask that all enquiries be emailed to email@example.com where a member of our team will access and action them as necessary. Whilst we have robust business continuity measures in place, customers may experience some impact to service delivery. We are grateful for your patience and understanding at this challenging time. Should you require emergency assistance out of hours, then please contact the council's emergency out of hours service on 01506 280000.
The Council appreciates the difficult circumstances their commercial tenants are facing and in response the Council Executive has approved support for tenants of the commercial property portfolio by offering a rent deferment for rent payments that were due for the period 1 April to 30 June 2020 on the following terms:
- The total amount of the deferred rent cannot exceed £10,000 or 25% of the annual rent.
- The deferred rent must be repaid in full by equal monthly instalments by no later than 31 October 2021.
- The first monthly repayment must be made on 1 October 2020.
Who is eligible to apply for a rent deferment?
In order to qualify for a rent deferment, you must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- You must have been a council business tenant on or before 23 March 2020.
- Your business must have been required to close due to the COVID-19 emergency or you must be able to demonstrate a significant decline in your trading position.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have exhausted other means of emergency financial support that is currently available nationally.
- You must not have been in breach of your lease terms as at 23 March 2020.
- You must be a small to medium size enterprise with less than 250 employees and an annual turnover of less than £50 million.
How to apply
- Business tenants wishing to apply for a rent deferral should complete the following application form in full and email the completed form to PropertyManagement@westlothian.gov.uk.
- Application forms will be available to download on Monday 1st June 2020:
- Applications can be submitted on and from 01/06/20 up to and including 31/07/20.
- Officers will endeavour to process completed application forms within ten working days.
- If you have any questions regarding the forms your Property Manager will be available on and from 01/06/20 to answer any questions. They will be available on week days between 10-00 - 12.00 & 14.00 - 16.00.
What happens next?
- Officers will endeavour to process completed application forms within ten working days and you will be advised in writing of the result of your application.
- If successful you will be asked to sign an agreement detailing your obligations to repay the deferment. I you have arrears that pre date the lockdown those arrears will be included in the agreement.
What happens if my application is refused?
- If the application is unsuccessful, you can ask the Depute Chief Executive to review the decision, but only on the basis that new information is available or that the original application was misinterpreted by officers.
- Following review, the applicant will be advised of the outcome. The decision of the Depute Chief Executive at this stage will be final. Officers will aim to issue a review decision within ten working days of all the necessary information being received.
Details of all assistance available from WLC can also be found on Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information and Updates.