Non Residential Care Financial Assessments
Financial Assessments for Non-Residential Social Care Services
West Lothian Council supports individuals to live at home independently, safely and for as long as possible. To help us continue providing non-residential social care and support to as wide a range of individuals as possible, everyone who undertakes an outcome based assessment of needs will be financially assessed to determine whether they should make a financial contribution towards the cost of their assessed eligible non-residential care and support charges.
The Financial Assessment Team will ensure that any service user subject to a financial assessment will be:
- Entitled to be assessed for eligible care and support needs and services provided on that basis
- Asked to contribute towards the cost of their eligible care and support where it is practicable for them to pay;
- Required to contribute no more than the cost of providing their eligible care and support;
- Provided with a financial assessment before any determination is made about the level of contribution they should make to their eligible care and support services;
- Provided with a personal income check to provide them with information, advice and support to maximise and manage their income;
- Treated in a transparent, fair and equitable manner;
- Provided with information and assistance when they need it.