Property Asset Management Plan
Property assets are essential to the services delivered by West Lothian Council. Managing these assets is a structured process that seeks to ensure best value for money from property assets and improved performance in meeting strategic needs.
It is recognised that:
- Managing property assets effectively is a key driver of service transformation.
- Properties are at the centre of the public's perception of local authority.
- The value of property assets and expenditure on construction and running the estate is significant.
Thesets out the councils approach to the management of its property assets. It supports the delivery of the councils strategic objectives by:
- Setting out a clear vision for the future of the property portfolio.
- Identifying the key challenges facing the council's property.
- Clearly setting out the council's approach to the management and development of the property portfolio.
- Assessing the current performance of the council's approach to the management and development of the property portfolio.
- Identifying core investment need and the likely property implications of future service delivery aspirations.