Barbecue (BBQ) Hire - Online Booking Form
Barbecue pits are available to hire from 27 March 2020 to 1 November 2020. You can request a barbecue session using the form below.
- Beecraigs Barbecue Pits are both located at Balvormie, close to the Balvormie Pond & Meadow. .
- Polkemmet Barbecue Pit is located just 2 minutes from the Visitor Centre, close to the Play Area. .
- Almondell and Calderwood Barbeque Pit is just 5 minutes from the Visitor Centre, close to the riverside path, toilets and play area. .
- Each session costs £27.15 but, if your group numbers 15 or less and you require a morning or afternoon mid-week session (excludes public holidays), you can take advantage of the reduced charge of £20.35.
Booking Conditions and Rules of Use
- Offers made in response to this enquiry will be sent by e-mail to the address given below.
- Online offers will be held open for 24 hours and will be cancelled unless paid at time of confirmation
- All Bookings are subject to the Barbecue Rules of Use
- Abide by Parks & Woodland's Management Rules, including no undue disturbance/annoyance to other Park users or which interferes with their peaceful enjoyment of the countryside
- Ensure planned activities during visit are approved by the Country Park in advance
- Consumption of alcohol by over 18's only is allowed within the barbecue areas by those issued with the appropriate permit
- Responsible adults (over 18's) must be in attendance throughout the booking to supervise the group
- Booking fees are non-returnable. Alternative dates within the current season are not given due to adverse weather conditions
- The barbecue facility is available from 10am to 10pm, Monday to Sunday inclusive. For the opening and closing dates of this facility please contact the Visitor Centre of the respective Country Park
- Barbecue groups must not leave any litter or rubbish within the Country Park, except in the receptacles specifically provided for use of the barbecue sites. Groups must make prior arrangement to remove any excess refuse. Failure to do so will result in an additional charge of £20 per hour for additional maintenance services
- Only charcoal should be used on the barbecue units. Groups must bring with them charcoal, firelighters, matches, aluminium foil, tools, etc. as required. It is recommended that you allow approximately 5 kilos of charcoal per 25 persons. Allow 1 hour before starting to cook. This will avoid tainting of food from the fire lighting agent. Gas barbecues are not permitted
- Hot coals must be left within the firebox. Never put hot coals into litter bins or onto the ground
- Disposable barbecues can be used on the metal stands placed on designated picnic tables
- For safety reasons, gazebos and tents are not permitted
- Extra litter bags are available from the Visitor Centres