In line with advice from the Scottish Government on reducing social contact in relation to the coronavirus, a decision has been made that from Monday 23 March all Libraries in West Lothian will close to the public until further notice.
|Armadale Library||Current opening hours||Opening hours from 30 March 2020|
|Monday||10am- 3pm||10am - 3pm (Self service)|
|Tuesday||11am - 6pm||11am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 3pm||10am - 3pm|
|Thursday||10am - 7pm||10am - 7pm|
|Friday||10am - 5pm||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 1pm||9am - 10am (Self service)|
|10am - 1pm|
Read more information on the changes to libraries from March 30
Armadale Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Bookbug sessions
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- Boardmaker software
- High Vis/Large key keyboard
- Six pcs providing free computer access
There is also a small community museum, which celebrates the history of Armadale and hosts various travelling exhibitions.
Free WiFi is now available in the library.
- Two disabled parking bays nearby
- Local bus stop is approximately 200 yards away
- Automatic doors to access centre and disabled push button access to foyer
- Wheeled walking frame available
- Hearing induction loop system
Stories, songs & rhymes for babies, toddlers & pre-school children. Bring a grown-up with you to share in the fun. Our Bookbug sessions will now be held every second Wednesday at 9.15am.
Armadale Community Museum
- Now on show: Craft, Camaraderie and Community: A Century of Scottish War Blinded
- Permanent exhibition - a display by the History of Armadale Association with lots of fascinating facts about life, work and leisure in Armadale over the last 200 years and more