Registering a Civil Partnership
How to arrange a Civil Partnership
A Civil Partnership may be registered by a registrar, a religious or belief celebrant who has been authorised by the registrar general.
Planning your Civil Partnership Ceremony in West Lothian.
You can submit your Civil Partnership Notice between 29 days and 3 months prior to your ceremony, however we are requesting all documents 10-12 weeks prior to your ceremony.
Booking a Registrar to conduct your Civil Partnership Ceremony
You can book a registrar online for your civil partnership ceremony.
You should contact the Registrar in the district where your ceremony will take place well in advance. This is very important to secure the date and time. Advanced booking is very important for popular venues and times of the year.
For further information, please either call us on 01506 281897/282916, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose
- To have an office ceremony you will be required to pay an non refundable deposit of £55.00 which can be made either in person or by telephone. Office ceremonies can take place at Livingston Registration Office, Bathgate Registration Office or Howden Park Centre.
- To have a venue ceremony you will need to complete either the Book a Registrar online form or print off and post/hand in the Registrar Booking Form [91kb] with a non refundable deposit of £100.
What Documents Do I Require?
Regardless of the type of ceremony you are having, you will need to submit the following documents.
- A civil partnership notice form [529kb] for each party.
- Birth certificates (translated in to English if necessary)
- Proof of address i.e. utility bill, dated within the last three months
- Valid passport
- If you are travelling from a non EEA country and are non EEA national further documentation will need to be completed please also download and complete a Declaration of Immigration Status form [23kb].
- If you have previously been married, divorce or dissolution documents, or if you are widowed, a copy of your spouses death certificate.
- If your domicile is abroad, a Certificate Of No Impediment (CONI) issued by the authority in your home town or country to the effect that you are free to marry (translated in to English if necessary)
- Appropriate fees [99kb]
Livingston Registration OfficeWest Lothian Civic Centre
Howden South Road
Tel: 01506 281897
Bathgate Registration OfficeBathgate Partnership Centre
South Bridge Street
Tel: 01506 282916