The Blue Badge Scheme provides a national arrangement across the UK and a partnership arrangement in other European Union member states.
The scheme is designed to help severely disabled people live independent lives by knowing that when they reach their destination, either as a passenger or driver, that they will be able to park near to the venue and therefore have easier access to the services they want to use.
The Blue Badge parking concessions only allow badge holders to park on-street. They do not apply to off-street car parks, such as supermarket car parks or on privately owned roads. However there may be special concessions for badge holders in these areas and you should check for signs. Find out how to apply for a Blue Badge.
Your personal details
West Lothian Council may share the information you have provided on the application form with other government organisations for the prevention and detection of fraud.
Further information can be obtained by telephoning our Customer Contact Centre on 01506 280000, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting any of our Customer Information Service (CIS) offices or local Library . Please note that unfortunately we are unable to process applications at Pumpherston, Blackridge and Bathgate Libraries or at the Civic Centre or Bathgate Partnership receptions.
- Applying for a Blue Badge Find out if you are eligible for a blue badge and how to apply.
- Blue Badge Eligibility The eligibility criteria is set by legislation laid before the Scottish Parliament. The criteria for individuals is split into - "without further assessment" (automatic) and "subject to further assessment" (discretionary).
- Expired Badges A Blue Badge is issued for a maximum of 3 years. At the end of the period stated on your existing badge you will need to re-apply and supply up to date evidence of your entitlement and address.
- Replacement Badges West Lothian Council provides replacement blue badges at no cost to the badge holder.
- Blue Badge Reforms Following a comprehensive review of the blue badge scheme in Scotland (and at UK level) the Scottish Government announced a series of reforms of the Scheme which came into force from 1 January 2012.