'Singing Well' Blackburn and Seafield Church
'Singing Well' is a project which would give local people the opportunity to come together to take part in singing activity and enjoy a healthy meal. It is aimed at individuals with dementia, their families and carers, those with mental health issues, individuals who live on their own and those who would just like to participate and benefit from singing and sharing lunch with others.
This would benefit participants in a number of ways:
- Providing a healthy, nutritious lunch, giving carers a well deserved break from providing and making lunch and educating volunteers and carers/family on the benefits of nutritious food.
- Providing an opportunity to participate in singing activities, helping to reducing social isolation, enabling individuals to interact with each other and experience the benefits of singing.
- Provision of light chair exercises to music which would help with mobility, and improve physical and mental wellbeing
- Offering companionship for individuals, and assisting carers and families to have the opportunity to share experiences.
- Provision of day trips and outings, and the opportunity to hear from different organisations and health professionals to assist individuals, carers and families with information that they need.
This will be held in Blackburn and Seafield Church in their 'Sun Lounge'.