Donate an Item
Do you want to donate an object or records to Heritage Services? We welcome public donations which allow us to develop our collections.
Donate An Object
West Lothian Council museum service is very pleased to accept objects with a strong West Lothian connection. We welcome loans, donations and bequests to our permanent collection as long as they meet certain conditions:
- We have the facilities to store the object and care for it properly
- We are allowed to collect the item according to the council's collecting policy
- We do not already have examples of the object
Depending on the object another local museum may have a stronger claim. Broadly speaking this means you should contact:
- Bennie Museum to donate objects connected to Bathgate
- Almond Valley Heritage Centre for large industrial objects and items connected to the shale oil industry, farming and old Livingston.
We also collect items for use in educational and reminiscence work and welcome offers of objects for these purposes.
Please note that we can take items on loan for a maximum of five years
Download our full.
archives welcomes donations of records and photographs relating to the local area and its people, businesses and organisations.
If you think you have material that may be of interest, please contact the archives.