Local History Library
The Local History Library is based in Tam Dalyell House (formerly County Buildings) in Linlithgow High Street.
The Local History library is a reference library. Customers are welcome to come and carry out research. Staff are able to direct customers to the Local History Library where customers can browse the collection and carry out their own research. We are unable to answer enquiries by telephone or email.
Customers wishing to use the microfiche, should contact us before visiting, by calling Linlithgow library on:01506 283880, emailing Linlithgow library or by sending a message to West Lothian Council - Museums and Local History Facebook page
More than just history - find out what's on offer at the West Lothian Local History Library:
- Photographs - 11,000 photos - some online at Flickr - Museums, Archives and Local History
- Maps - c.1,100 maps. Search for them in the Main library catalogue
- Newspapers are available to view on our microfilm readers - search the Local Newspaper Search
- Books - some 10,000 books - search them in the Main library catalogue
- Family history resources - censuses, OPRs, MIs, etc.
- Valuation and Voters' Rolls from1855.
In addition the Local History Library offers:
- Schools' packs for each town and village
For Family History information, see the Family History page
Explore your heritage, re-discover your history, bring the past to life.
West Lothian Local History Library - collecting, preserving, organising and promoting West Lothian's heritage.