Information and advice to help you save money on gas and electricity costs.
Our specialist advisors offer a wide range of advice and assistance to help you fully understand your energy issues and become more energy efficient.You do not need to be a council housing tenant to benefit from energy advice. Anyone can access our service, regardless of your housing tenure and all advice is confidential and free of charge.
The current COVID-19 crisis has had far reaching impact and many people are struggling to maintain their gas and electricity supply whilst self-isolating or as a result of financial difficulty. This handy guide from OFGEM could help to answer any energy related questions you may have during the current crisis.
What we do
- Help to understand your energy bills
- Advice and support to help you find the best available fuel tariff
- Assistance to resolve problems with your gas and electricity bills
- Advice on financial assistance to deal with fuel debt
- Help to access insulation and heating grants
- Energy efficiency advice
Energy bills can be confusing and difficult to understand. There are several ways the Advice Shop can help:
- We can explain how to read bills and what meter readings mean
- Our advisors can offer help to better understand energy tariffs and support to do an online tariff comparison
- Where necessary, we can negotiate with your supplier on your behalf to help you to resolve any issues with your bill
If you have fallen behind with your gas or electricity payments, we can help in the following ways:
- Looking into options to deal with your debt.
- Help to negotiate with your supplier to agree an affordable repayment plan
- Support to make an application to any available discretionary funds for financial support with your arrears
- Assistance to prevent your supply being disconnected or to get you reconnected
Taking steps to improve the energy efficiency of your home can save you money. The Advice Shop can support you with:
- Simple energy saving hints and tips
- Heating use and ventilation advice
- Advice to help you deal with condensation dampness
- Assistance to access energy efficiency measures including loft and wall insulation
To speak to an energy advisor you can contact the Advice Shop by telephone on 01506 283000 (select option 4). You can also get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you would like an advisor to contact you, please fill in our online referral form