Information and advice to help you save money on gas and electricity costs.
Our specialist advisors offer a wide range of advice and assistance to help you fully understand your energy issues and become more energy efficient. Anyone can access our service, regardless of your heating system or meter type and all advice is confidential and free of charge.
The rising cost of living has had far reaching impact and many people are struggling to maintain their gas and electricity supply as a result of financial difficulty. This handy guide from OFGEM could help to answer any energy related questions you may have during the current crisis.
What we do
- Help to understand your energy bills
- Advice and support to help you find the best available fuel tariff
- Assistance to resolve problems with your gas and electricity bills
- Advice on financial assistance to deal with fuel debt
- Help to access insulation and heating grants
- Energy efficiency advice
Gas and Electricity Debt
If you have fallen behind with your gas or electricity payments, many energy suppliers have hardship funds that you can apply to if you have debt.
Check the table below to see if your supplier has a scheme that you could access:
|Supplier Fund||How to Access|
|British Gas Energy Trust *also open to non-customers||Apply online via the online application form|
|EDF Energy Customer Support Fund||Apply through the Let's Talk web form or call 0800 269 450|
|E.on Next Energy Fund||Apply through the Let's Talk web form|
|Octopus Energy Octo Assist Fund||Apply through the Octopus web form|
|OVO Energy Hardship Scheme||Contact OVO by telephone on 0330 303 5063|
|Scottish Power Hardship Fund||Apply online via the Scottish Power Hardship Fund web form|
|Shell Energy Support Fund||Contact Shell by telephone on 0330 094 5800|
|Utility Warehouse Customer Support Scheme||Contact Utility Warehouse by telephone on 0333 777 3215|
Energy bills can be confusing and difficult to understand. There are several ways the Advice Shop can help:
- We can explain how to read bills and what meter readings mean
- Our advisors can offer help to better understand energy tariffs and standing charges
- Where necessary, we can negotiate with your supplier on your behalf to help you to resolve any issues with your bill
Taking steps to improve the energy efficiency of your home can save you money. The Advice Shop can support you with:
- Simple energy saving hints and tips
- Heating use and ventilation advice
- Advice to help you deal with condensation dampness
- Assistance to access energy efficiency measures including loft and wall insulation
To speak to an energy advisor you can contact the Advice Shop by telephone on 01506 283000 (select option 4). You can also get in touch by email at email@example.com
Alternatively, if you would like an advisor to contact you, please fill in our online referral form