Early Learning & Childcare for 2 Year Olds

Applications to apply for 2 year old provision are available using the Application for an Early Learning and Childcare place for a 2 year old online form.

Your child may be eligible for 1140 hours of this provision from the start of the first term after their 2nd birthday(not their 2nd Birthday), if you are the child's parent/carer and you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit listed below or you are a kinship carer or parent appointed guardian through section 7 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 :-

  1. Income Support

  2. Job Seekers Allowance (income based)

  3. Employment Support Allowance (income based)

  4. Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance

  5. Pension Credit

  6. Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is below £17,005

  7. Both maximum CTC and WTC with income less than £7,920

  8. Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

  9. Universal Credit - monthly earned income does not exceed £660

You can submit a form from your child's 2nd birthday; however the proof of benefit must show you are in receipt of that benefit on the 1st day of the term after your child's 2nd birthday ( we will accept this proof dated up to 6 weeks prior to the intake your child would be eligible from if qualifies). 

If the documentation you have provided does not meet criterion to qualify your application, Pupil Placement will inform you of this by letter/e-mail.  Please read any letter/e-mail issued thoroughly as you may just be required to have the DWP form completed again as it has been stamped too early.

Please note : if you are in receipt of Universal Credit the screen shots must include the screen that states your name and address and the assessment period being provided, then we also require screen shots of the full deduction section as we also have to see if your household income is below £660 per month, as this is the threshold this qualifying benefit has to meet before you would qualify.  Deductions Section - is from 'Total entitlement before deductions' total to 'Total Deductions' total.

We also require to see a copy (not original) of your child's birth certificate, please e-mail a copy of your child's birth certificate/passport to the pupilplacement@westlothian.gov.uk (the document must be readable when opened and should include child's name, date of birth and certificate number[District & Year & Entry]/passport number), or send a photocopy to the Pupil Placement, West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF or take to the nearest school and ask them to scan and e-mail to pupil placement.

Once you have provided correct documentation and it has been determined your child qualifies for this provision, you will be offered a place dependent on availability.  This could be at a Council establishment or a playgroup or a childminder.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon