Become a Trusted Trader
How you can become a member of West Lothian Trusted Trader
What is West Lothian Trusted Trader?
It is a scheme launched by West Lothian Council to assist local consumers with finding reliable local traders and to help generate more business for local companies.
West Lothian Trusted Trader allows customers to provide feedback on their experience of dealing with member businesses. These comments will be posted online for other consumers to view. We will never publish offensive comments if negative feedback is given by a customer.
West Lothian Trusted Trader relies on member businesses being honest and reputable.
Members must comply with theof the scheme and show that they trade in a fair and responsible manner. The Trading Standards team will continually examine the business practices and customer feedback of each member.
What's in it for my business when I become a member?
Once your membership has been confirmed, your details will be listed on our website.
- Trading Standards will promote the scheme to local consumers through its website, other promotions and advertising
- Increase consumer confidence in your service
- Feedback forms allow customers to rate and recommend your services
- Use of the Trusted Trader logo and promotional materials
- Support from West Lothian Council Trading Standards
What are the limitations of the scheme?
Trading Standards are not directly involved in the agreement between you and the consumer. However, we can offer assistance in the event of complaints through our.
- We cannot guarantee the financial standing of members
- We cannot guarantee their health and safety procedures
- We cannot guarantee the quality of their workmanship
How much will it cost?
An annual membership fee will be payable to cover the promotion of the scheme. The fees are currently set at £110.50 per year for non-VAT registered businesses and £221 per year for VAT registered businesses.
How to I apply?
If you are interested in joining the scheme, please read the online application form, or alternatively download a copy of the .and complete the
When we receive your application, we will:
- Analyse any complaints or information we hold on your business
- Obtain feedback forms from a number of your previous customers
- Examine documentation used in the course of your business
For more information, or to submit your completed application form, please contact us on the details shown in the contacts box.