Late Hours Catering Licence

In terms of Section 42 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, premises that are to be used between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am (including mobile premises operated by street traders) for the sale to the public of food for consumption on as well as off the premises require to be licensed. The late hours licensing scheme is administered by the Council's Licensing Team.

The Team are able to provide general guidance on the scheme but cannot assist you to complete your application form or provide legal advice on whether a licence is required. You should seek legal advice from a solicitor or advice centre if you are unsure as to whether you require a licence.

Which premises require a licence from the Council?

Exemptions from requiring a late hours catering licence

How do you apply for a late hours catering licence?

How do I make an objection or representation to a late hours catering licence application?

What is the Council's policy on trading hours for late hours catering licences?

How will my application be decided?

What standard conditions will be applied if my licence is granted?

How long will my licence be granted for?

What if I want to vary any of the standard conditions in relation to my licence?

What if my details change or I no longer wish to hold my licence?

List of late hour catering licence holders and premises

How do you complain about late hours catering licence holders?