Report a Broken Street Light
You can report a street lighting fault using our online form.
Should you wish to report this issue anonymously, please call our Contact Centre on 01506 280000
Please read the information in the drop down box below to find out about instances where a street light fault is regarded as an emergency.
Emergencies are responded to within 2 hours and cover:
- The metal panel on the front of the lamppost/sign pole/control cabinet is off and the wires are showing.
- If someone has crashed into a lamppost/sign pole/control cabinet or it is leaning over.
- If the column bracket, lantern or bowl is hanging down.
- If there are damaged underground or overhead cables.
- If any part of the installation is burning.
- Any report of electric shock.
In each case call 01506 280000 as soon as possible. The more information you give us, the better. Each lamppost has its own unique number, if possible, quote this and give as much detail as you can about the lamppost's location.
- Repair above ground street lighting, signs and bollard defects within 7 days.
- Repair underground cable faults, which are West Lothian Council's responsibility within 28 calendar days. If the cables are the responsibility of Scottish Power, we will inform Scottish Power of the fault and monitor the situation regularly with them until resolution.
- Provide an effective emergency response service within 2 hours.