Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) has now replaced Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) replaced DLA for all new claims for people aged 16 - 64 in June 2013.

This change means that to qualify for PIP you will have to fill in a form and it is likely that you will have to attend a medical assessment.

Everyone else getting adult DLA will be invited to claim PIP. This change will not affect anyone on DLA who turned 65 prior to 8 April 2013.

Contact the Advice Shop or the Citizens Advice Bureau before seeking reassessment of your Disability Living Allowance.  Please also contact these services if you need representation at appeals.