Applying for a Council House

This describes how you can apply for social rented housing in West Lothian.

Before completing an application form you should look at all of your housing options using our guide.

Link to Arbitras (Civica) model

You can apply for a house by submitting an application to the West Lothian Housing Register.  

The three partners of the West Lothian Housing Register are:

  • Almond Housing Association
  • Weslo Housing Management
  • West Lothian Council.

You only need to submit one application for the three partners of the Register and there is the option to select which of the partners you wish to be considered by. There is no limit on how many you select.

You can make your application by using the  Icon for pdf Application for Housing [969.58KB]Simply print off the form, complete your details and return to one of the addresses found at the start of the form.

For more information on applying for a Council House, please refer to the Icon for pdf Applying for a House Leaflet [87.33KB] and our Icon for pdf preparing for your new home [107.17KB] information leaflet.

Changes or amendments to applications
Property Needs Assessment
Getting help with your Housing Costs