The Wage Subsidy (employer information)
West Lothian Council are now offering wage subsidy positions to small/medium employers based within West Lothian. The Wage Subsidy will pay 50% of the national minimum wage for up 16-17 year olds for up to 52 weeks and 50% of the real living wage for young people aged 18-24 for 26 weeks.
- be based within West Lothian
- be locally owned and managed
- employ under 50 employees
- be able to create an additional opportunity for a young person
- offer a minimum of 26 hours per week.
More information on how to apply visit West Lothian Job Creation Fund (opens new window)
- We have moved to an online Jobs Creation fund portal, where you can apply for the funding that fits your business needs. You will be automatically updated by email at each stage of the process.
- Once you have completed your Expression of Interest online, a decision will be made as to whether to invite you to complete an Application Form. This will then be approved or declined based on information given on the Application Form, as well as with a Company Assessment. A final decision will be made within 5 working days.
- If approved and the employer has an employee in mind, paperwork will be issued to collect information to proceed to payment.
- If employer does not have an employee in mind, an adviser will contact employer to offer assistance to recruit.
Positions will be advertised throughout West Lothian Council, Skills Development Scotland, Jobcentre Plus and MCMC.
Once all applications have been received they will be reviewed and relevant candidates will be invited to interview.
After interviews have been completed a shortlist will be created for employer to interview and identify successful candidate.