Place Based Investment Programme
The Place Based Investment Programme (PBIP) was announced by the Scottish Government in May 2021. The programme provides local government with a share of £140M over 5 years to support and advance place-based capital investment and build on the strong partnership currently existing through the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF).
West Lothian Council's allocation over the 5-year period will be over £4.5m with £1,000,000 available for 2022/23. The grant is for capital expenditure, and it is expected that expenditure will be met, or at least work or contracts signed or commenced, by 31 March 2023.
Projects are expected to have a value of £100,000 or above and be ready to implement.
At the Council Executive on 8 February 2022 it was agreed that West Lothian's approach would split the fund 50:50, with £500,000 going towards Community Wealth Building Capital Projects, and £500,000 for Town Centre Capital Investment.
Applications must be for capital projects that address at least one or more of the five principles of Community Wealth Building. Information on the approach and examples of capital projects can be found in the application guidance.
How to apply
Applicants must complete the CommunityWealthBuilding@westlothian.gov.ukand submit this by 5pm on Friday 22 April 2022 to
Eligibility criteria and other key information can be found in the
- Council Executive report on the Place Based Investment Programme
- For further information on Community Wealth Building, visit the Community Wealth Building page
- For further information on Community Wealth Building in general, visit Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES) website
- Community Wealth Building was the theme of the May 2021 West Lothian Community Planning Partnership meeting. Links to the presentations can be found on the West Lothian Council Committee Information Pages.
- These videos may also help explain the background to the approach:
For any queries please contact the Community Wealth Building Team: CommunityWealthBuilding@westlothian.gov.uk
Town Centre Capital Investments
How to apply
Application and Guidance notes can be found at the Town Centre Capital page and will be managed by the Regeneration Team.
For any queries please contact the Regeneration Team: email@example.com