Place Based Investment Programme 2023-2024
The Place Based Investment Programme 2023/24 is now closed.
The Place Based Investment Programme (PBIP) is a Scottish Government capital fund and West Lothian Council's allocation over the 5-year period will be over £4.5m with £789,000 available for 2023/24. The grant is for capital expenditure, and it is expected that expenditure will be met, or at least work or contracts signed or commenced, by 31 March 2024.
West Lothian Council are inviting applications for projects that support local communities, business and third and public sectors, to support shared local plans and aspirations. It was agreed that £600,000 would be allocated for Community Wealth Building projects, and that an applications-based approach would be used.
The application should be for a capital project that addresses one or more of five themes of Community Wealth Building. There are a number of examples of capital projects being delivered in West Lothian and other areas across Scotland to deliver Community Wealth Building through the Place Based Investment Programme.
How to Apply
The fund is now closed and a list of successful applicants will be uploaded soon.
Successful Applications 2022/23
Successful Applications 2021/2022
- Council Executive report on the Place Based Investment Programme
- Council Executive Report - 21 June 2022 - Place Based Investment Programme
- For further information on Community Wealth Building, visit the Community Wealth Building page
- For further information on Community Wealth Building in general, visit Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES) website
- Community Wealth Building was the theme of the May 2021 West Lothian Community Planning Partnership meeting. Links to the presentations can be found on the West Lothian Council Committee Information Pages.
- These videos may also help explain the background to the approach:
For any queries please contact the Community Wealth Building Team: CommunityWealthBuilding@westlothian.gov.uk
Town Centre Capital Investments
For further information on the awards for 2022/23 under the Town Centre Capital Investments stream of funding please visit Town Centre Capital page.
For any queries please contact the Regeneration Team: email@example.com