Toggle menu

Roads and Streets

You can make a Dropped Kerb request using the online form below.
Information on holding public processions (parades) in West Lothian and how to make a representation about the procession or a complaint about the notification process.
West Lothian Council requires that anyone wishing to construct a new road or extend an existing road must obtain Road Construction Consent in accordance with Section 21 of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984.
West Lothian Council's Roads and Transportation Service will supply permits for skip hire, erecting scaffolding and hoarding, placing a storage container and cabins, cranes, hoists and access towers on a publicly owned road. We also provide permits for opening up a road or footpath for dropped crossings such as vehicle access.
In terms of section 39 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, street traders are required to be licensed. The scheme is administered by the Council's Licensing Team.