School Crossing Patrols
West Lothian Council is responsible for providing School Crossing Patrol Guides, to schools throughout West Lothian, to help children cross busy roads on their way to and from school.
This service operates, at all appropriate times, throughout the school year.
- Assign Street Crossing Patrol Guides to locations which meet National requirements and ensure the necessary time period is covered.
- Ensure all staff have PVG membership in place
- Carry out regular medical checks to ensure Health issues are addressed
- Employ mobile and reserve guides to cover when necessary for absences
- Ensure a pro active recruitment scheme is ongoing to eliminate the possibility of staff shortage
- Evaluate enquiries/requests relating to the service within 5 days and respond to the customer within 10 working days
- Acknowledge receipt of a complaint with a letter to the customer within 5 days and respond to the customer within 10 working days or longer if agreed between the service representative and the customer before the completion of the 10 day timescale.