Howden Park Centre
Livingston 01506 777666 Howden Park Centre
· Exhibition: The Silent Life of Tools - Resident Artist Matt Morris - Recent work from artist Matt Morris that focus on the tools that he uses in his studio as well as in his work as a gardener. Matt tests various ideas and media including large oil paintings. To Sunday 29 October.
· Summer Arts for children - Creative holiday activities and performances are scheduled at Howden Park Centre and Linlithgow Burgh Halls this summer. Check out the wide variety of art, theatre, dance and singing activities for children. Family shows are also planned from FUNBOX (formerly the Singing Kettle), plus there's the concert 'Ultimate Pop Party', which features tributes to chart-toppers Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Rihanna. Monday 10 July to Sunday 6 August
· Dougie MacLean - Scotland's finest singer-songwriter is internationally renowned for his song Caledonia, music from the Hollywood blockbuster Last of the Mohicans and inspired performances. Friday 4 August, 7.30pm. Tickets £23 or £21 concession
· Barbara Dickson with Nick Holland - One of UK's best-loved performers Barbara has been awarded an O.B.E for her services to music and drama, won two Olivier Awards for Best Actress, and is Scotland's best-selling female album artist. Friday 21 July, 7.30pm. Tickets £26 or £24 concession
· Pop World - Learn basic dance moves and singing techniques in this popular class, led by professional tutors. Children will informally perform their work to family and friends in the theatre on the Friday - Monday 17 to Friday 21 July, 9.30am -12.30pm. Age 6-10. Tickets £50
· Comic Art - Come along and learn the skills you need to be a comic book and graphic artist. Learn how to create characters, write stories and make your ideas come to life like a pro. All materials provided. Monday 17 to Friday 21 July,10am - 4pm.
Tickets £95. Age 8 - 12
· Drawing Machines - Explore drawing and mark making in an unusual way, experiment with a variety of simple drawing machines, then create your own. Use plastic bottles, pens, tape and much more. Materials provided, just bring yourself and your imagination. Monday 10 to Friday 14 July, 10am - 4pm. Tickets £95. Age 8 - 12
Linlithgow Burgh Halls
The Cross, Linlithgow 01506 282720 Linlithgow Burgh Halls
· Exhibition: June Carey - Dusk Delivers Dreams Forever - Scottish artist June Carey is known for her bold figurative etchings. Highly regarded, she has been invited to exhibit in more than fifty prestigious group exhibitions throughout the UK and abroad. This exhibition brings together a selection of work inspired by many different cultures throughout the world. Friday 21 July to Sunday 1 October, free entry
· Pop World - Learn basic dance moves and singing techniques in this popular class, led by professional tutors. Children will informally perform their work to family and friends in the theatre on the Friday. Linlithgow Burgh Halls - Monday 10 to Friday 14 July, 9.30am -12.30pm.