Current Road Closures and Diversions
Details of road closures and diversions currently in place in West Lothian.
It is our aim to limit the inconvenience to road users during maintenance works however, from time to time, we need to close roads or divert the traffic.
For Emergency and Unplanned Road Closures please visit the Emergency Road Closures page.
For road works in West Lothian which do not result in a complete closure, diversion, or parking suspension please check Scottish Road Works Online.
- Station Road, Kirknewton - Road Closure (Sunday 7 Jul) Station Road will be closed in the vicinity of the level crossing for drainage works.
- Preston Road, Linlithgow - Road Closure and Parking Suspension (Saturday 6 Jul) A road closure on Preston Road, parking suspended on Braehead, Moray Drive and Mains Road and an HGV left turn prohibition West Port to Preston Road will be in place to facilitate drainage and carriageway works.
- Main Street, Mid Calder - Road Closure (Monday 8 Jul) Main Street will be closed between Glenalmond Hall and Mid Calder Primary School for carriageway resurfacing (Mac Asphalt on behalf of West Lothian Council.
- C7 Rural Armadale - Road Closure (Monday 8 Jul) The C7 will be closed from Glenwood Drive to the B8028 near Avonbridge for surface works.
- C28 near Addiewell - Road Closure (Monday 8 Jul) The C28 will be closed between A704 to C24 at Pearie Law for surface works.
- C8 Rural Blackridge - Road Closure (Monday 8 Jul) The C8 will be closed from the junction with A89, Blackridge to the junction with C7 at Gowanbank for surface works.
- C14, Rural Armadale - Road Closure (Monday 8 Jul) The C14 will be closed in 2 phases for surface works.
- Preston Road, Linlithgow - Road Closure (Monday 1 Jul) Preston Road will be closed for 3 consecutive weekends at the junction with West Port (A903) for carriageway works.
- Braehead, Linlithgow - Road Closures (Monday 24 Jun) Various roads will be closed on a phased basis in the Braehead area of Linlithgow to upgrade Scottish Water services.
- Kirk Road/St Mary's Place, Bathgate - Parking Suspension (Monday 3 Jun) Parking will be suspended on Kirk Road (both sides) from the junction with Crosshill Drive to Guildiehaugh Roundabout and on St Mary's Place parking bay adjacent to Number 1, to facilitate retaining wall works.
- Broompark View/Langton Avenue, East Calder - Parking Suspension (Monday 27 May) Parking will be suspended on Langton Avenue both sides from the junction with Broompark View for a approximately 30 meters, and on Broompark View both sides from the junction with Langton Avenue approximately 30 meters in both directions to facilitate urgent openreach works to repair a damaged telecoms cabinet.