Geodiversity in West Lothian
A comprehensive audit of West Lothian's geodiversity potential was undertaken by the British Geological Survey in 2006/7.
From the initial long list of several hundred potential sites, these have been assessed and around 50 are considered to represent West Lothian's best geological resource. More detailed site boundaries and accompanying citations covering their specific geological merit, socio-economic value and recommendations for retention and interpretation are provided in the West Lothian placed-based Green Networks [3Mb] (subject to public consultation).
- Binny Craig: Geology and wildlife [442kb]
- East Kirkton: Geology and wildlife [628kb]
- Petershill Wildlife Reserve: Geology and wildlife [578kb]
- Auchinoon Brae: Geology and wildlife [541kb]
- Witch Craig Wall: geology view point [2Mb]
West Lothian Geodiversity: Geology and Landscape North Programme