Self-Isolation Support Grant
The Scottish Government has committed to providing a grant of £500 to individuals who are in receipt of benefits and, who lose income as a result of being required to self-isolate, to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
The payment is designed to help ensure people who have tested positive for Covid-19 and their close contacts self-isolate for the required period to stop the onward spread of the virus.
Who can qualify for a self-isolation support grant?
Self-isolation support grants are available to individuals who have been asked to self-isolate on or after the 28 September 2020.
Grants will be awarded if an applicant meets all of the following criteria:
- They have been required by the Test and Protect Service to self-isolate as a result of Covid-19, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or are awaiting a test result.
- Their details have been provided to the local authority by the Test and Protect Service confirming they have been asked to self-isolate.
- They are either employed or self-employed
- They are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- They are currently receiving or have been awarded but not yet received a payment of any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
How to apply?
Application can be made using the online form.
What evidence will I need to provide?
In order to make an award of a self-isolation support grant, you will have to provide evidence to prove you meet the eligibility criteria. The following evidence will be required:
- A bank statement of the account into which you wish your grant to be paid.
- Proof of your employment status such as your most recent payslip or if you are self-employed self-assessment returns.
How will grants be paid?
Self-isolation support grant payment will be paid directly to the applicant's nominated bank account.