Search site

Road Management and Signs

Information on road regulations and limits, markings, signs and traffic calming measures, road signs and street names, how to report traffic light issues, tourist signs and how to apply for one.

  • Report Traffic Light and other Road Sign Issues

    How to report issues with traffic lights and other road signs including emergencies.

  • Road Regulations and Limits

    In order for West Lothian Council to meet its responsibility of maintaining the Road Network and ensuring the safety of all those who use it, certain regulations, restrictions and limits need to be applied.

  • Markings and Signs

    The Roads & Transportation Projects Team is involved in providing a management and consultancy service in project design and scheme implementation for all new works on the public highway.

  • Road Signs and Street Names

    Road Signs, Street Names and markings are provided by the Council for road safety and information for road users.

  • Roundabout Sponsorship

    With over 70 roundabouts across the district, West Lothian Council offers excellent opportunities for large or small businesses to advertise year round at very affordable rates.

  • Traffic Regulation Orders

    A TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) is the legal instrument by which traffic authorities implement most traffic management controls on their roads.