New Road, Footpath and Cyclepath Improvements
New Road, Footpath and Cyclepath Improvements
The following details the proposed New Road, Footpath and Cyclepath Improvements works within West Lothian.
Consultation on the Provision of a New Footway at Murieston Road, Livingston
The consultation survey is now closed
Council officers have developed proposals to provide a new footway at the east end of Murieston Road to link to Murieston East Road.
This has been identified as a missing link and its provision would deliver a route for pedestrians between the south east area of Murieston and the train station area. It would provide a more open alternative and safer route to the existing route through the wooded area, particularly during the dark winter months and during commuting start / end periods.
Community Links Projects
The council is continuing its partnership with Sustrans (Scotland) in funding for Community Link Projects which enables the council to develop and deliver a variety of cycling/walking related projects.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Link the places people live in with the places they want to get to
Encourage people to cycle or use another active travel mode on everyday journeys and increase cycling modal share
The projects identified under the community links programme include:
- Design Feasibility Package - Blackburn to Bathgate Corridor
- Design Feasibility Package - Stoneyburn Links
- A706/B7066 - Whitdale Roundabout to Boghead Roundabout
- A706/B7066 - Whitdale Roundabout Connection
- B7066 Harthill to Heartlands
- B7066 Heartlands to Whitdale Roundabout
- Whitburn Town Walk Improvements
- Design Feasibility Package - Bathgate Rail Station Active Travel Links
- Fauldhouse to Longridge - Provision of Cyclepath
Projects under construction:
- Installation of traffic signals at junction of Houstoun Road/Grange Road/Nettlehill Road
- Improvement works to extend the granite paving from the Steelyard to North Bridge Street and replace the street furniture are progressing and is due to be completed by 24 November 2017.
- A programme of works to resurface primary school playgrounds across West Lothian has been ongoing since 2008. The programme is now in its final stages with works being undertaken this year for the following schools:
- Works at Deans, East Calder, Knightsridge, Riverside and Parkhead primary schools are now complete.
- Works at Armadale, Balbardie and primary schools have commenced.
- Works at Our Lady's Stoneyburn, Seafield, St Joseph's Whitburn, St Nicholas Broxburn and Westfield primary schools are programmed to be completed later in the year.
- Footway resurfacing work has commenced in various areas within Westfield with further works due to commence in Blackridge and Longridge later in the year.
Projects programmed to commence
- Work on the following projects has been programmed to commence.
- Baird Road, Burns Avenue, Drove Road, Shaw Avenue Armadale - Carriageway resurfacing
- Blackridge - Footway work
- Crosshill Drive, Bathgate - Carriageway patching/resurfacing
- Longridge - Footway works
- U15 Beecraigs Area - Carriageway resurfacing
- U32 Leyden Road - Carriageway patching/resurfacing
Projects being designed
Carriageway resurfacing works will be carried out later this year on the following list of roads. It is anticipated that road closures will be required during the works to ensure the safety of the workforce and the public. Details of the road closure required at each location will be provided on the council's website prior to works commencing.
- A70 East from the boundary with South Lanarkshire
- B7008 from the C24 to the A70
Carriageway patching works will be carried out later this year on the following roads in preparation to surface dressing works which will be undertaken next year.
- B7002 Whitburn Road, Bathgate
- B7015 From Junction with Rosebank Road to Simpson Parkway
- B8028 Strathloanhead - West of Westfield
- C19 Faucheldean - West of Winchburgh
- U31 - North of Kirknewton
- U38 - South of West Calder
Footway resurfacing work has been identified in the following areas for construction later this year.
- Houston Industrial Estate
Detailed design work has commenced on the following projects for construction later this year.
- A71 at West Calder High School - Provision of a puffin crossing
- A899 West Main Street, Broxburn - Junction improvements
- Cappers Bridge, Armadale - Pedestrian/cycle improvements
- Campus Roundabout, Livingston - Carriageway resurfacing
- Fauldhouse to Longridge - Provision of cyclepath
- Main Street, Blackridge - Provision of a puffin crossing
- Main Street, Longridge - Provision of a puffin crossing
- Meadowhead Terrace, Addiewell - Provision of steps from the C28 Addiewell Hill
- Murieston Road to Murieston East Road, Livingston - Footway provision
- Westwood View, West Calder - Footway provision
If you would like any further information to discuss any of these proposals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email or telephone 01506 776668.
Roads & Transportation ServicesWhitehill Service Centre, North Site
4 Inchmuir Road
Whitehill Industrial Estate
Tel: 01506 280000