Search site

Kirknewton and East Calder Parish Church of Scotland

Kirknewton was the original Parish Church, built in 1750 to serve the villages of Kirknewton and East Calder. within 30 years the United Free church became part of the Church of Scotland, and the two villages became separate parishes. In 1944 the two congregations of Kirknewton and East Calder again united into a single parish. We hold worship services in both churches each Sunday, but operate as one congregation served by one minister and body of office bearers.

In 1886 the present East Calder church building was erected to serve a "United Free" congregation, but there are a number of organisations for both adults and children within the church, most of which meet in the church hall at East Calder, which is alongside the church itself. The website provides details, or information can be obtained by calling the church office as detailed below. We would be delighted to have you join us at one of the worship services or at one of the organisations. Our aim is that Kirknewton and East Calder Church should continue to grow as a church community, built on the teachings of the Bible, and united in worship and service. Our goals are: - to care for our members; - to mature in our faith; - to reach out with the Gospel to people of all ages; - to show concern for God's work world-wide.

Phone: Church Office 0786 754 7683

Address: Kirknewton Church, Station Road; Kirknewton and East Calder Church, Main Street, East Calder.

Town: Kirknewton and East Calder

Times: Kirknewton Church Service: Sundays 9.45 am. East Calder Church Service: Sundays 11.15 am. Joint services held during July and August and joint family Services held quarterly. Phone for details.

Disabled facilities: At rear of both churches.

Fees: Donations

Eligibility: All are welcome.

Further info: Rev Dr Andre Johannes Groenwald BA, BD, MDiv, DD, 8 Manse Court, East Calder. 01506 884585 (Minister)

Email: groenstes@yahoo.com

Website: Kirknewton & East Calder Parish Church