Information on using recycling centres
Important information on who can use recycling centres in West Lothian
Only West Lothian residents can use our recycling centres
- Residents are asked to bring along valid ID* when they visit the recycling centres.
Commercial, business or trade waste at Recycling Centres
- Local West Lothian businesses can dispose of key materials at recycling centres free of charge, providing they have a Business Recycling Access Pass. Please see Trade Waste at Recycling Centres for more information on using our recycling centres to dispose of trade waste.
Local residents using a hired or liveried vehicle can use recycling centres
- Local residents hiring a van will need to bring along a copy of their hire agreement and valid ID* when they visit the recycling centres.
- If you want to use a liveried vehicle to dispose of non-commercial waste you can apply for a residential permit. Please visit Residential Permits for Recycling Centres for full details.
Check in advance to see if you are affected
- All West Lothian residents should still be able to use our recycling centres for household waste if they follow the guidelines above.
- Staff can refuse access to anyone who has not followed the guidelines.
If you require further information please call 01506 280000 or alternatively visit Residential Permits for Recycling Centres.
*Valid ID can be either a current driving licence or passport and recent council tax or utility bill