Linlithgow Canal Centre
Linlithgow Union Canal Society operates a canal museum, tea room and boat trips. The "Victoria", "Saint Magdalene" and "Saint Magdalene" carry passengers from Manse Road Basin and can also be chartered with or without catering. 'Leamington' is available for self-drive day hire. The museum houses records, photographs and relics of the history and wildlife of the Union Canal. A tearoom selling teas, coffee etc. is open at weekends. The Mel Grey education centre with room toilets and IT equipment is available for school groups and others.
Phone: Tea Room on 01506 671215
Address: Linlithgow Union Canal Society, Manse Road Basin, Linlithgow, EH49 6AJ.
Times: Easter - September, Saturday and Sunday 1.30pm - 4.30pm. Weekdays afternoons July to mid-August same times but no trip to Aqueduct during the week.
Disabled facilities: Ramps and toilet.
- Society membership £10.00 p.a.
- "St Magdalene" or "Saint Magdalene"(2 1/2 hour trip) : Adult £10.00, Conc £8.00, Child £6.00.
- "Victoria" (1/2 hour trip) : Adult £4.00, Conc £3 and Child £3.
- No entrance fee to the museum unless specifically opened for groups.
- Canal boats available for charter.
Eligibility: All welcome.
Further info: New members of the society are always welcome to help in manning the facilities offered at the canal museum, tea-room and driving the boats. Booking Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website: Linlithgow Canal Centre