Search site

Reporting blocked Drains and Gully Issues

To report a problem with blocked drains and gullies on public roads, please complete our online form.

Should you wish to report this issue anonymously, please call our Contact Centre on 01506 280000

pdf icon Operational Services – online request for service - Privacy Notice [81kb]

Please Note

To report a problem with a building's external sewage drain - please contact Scottish Water

Service Standards
  •  Provide an effective response to emergencies within 4 hours
  • Carry out safety inspections on all public roads to comply with the inspection intervals in the Code of Practice for Roads Maintenance.
  • Clean all gullies on public roads a minimum of once per year
  • Prioritise the road drainage work based on public safety, and minimising the council's exposure to risk
  • Consult with people that may be affected by road drainage works to minimise disruption and inconvenience.
  • Effectively monitor and maintain ditches and channels draining the public roads.
  • Comply with relevant regulations and codes of practice when undertaking drainage works.
  • Evaluate enquiries/requests relating to the service within 5 days and respond to the customer within 10 working days.
  • Acknowledge receipt of a complaint with a letter to the customer within 5 days and respond to the customer within 10 working days or longer if agreed between the service representative and the customer before the completion of the 10 day timescale

Customer Notice - We are currently experiencing issues with the Address Look Up on our online forms. This should be resolved shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience