Shop Front Improvement Grants
Shop front improvement grants are available for various businesses across the whole of West Lothian and can help cover the costs of external improvements such as painting or new signage.
Information about the grant
The scheme has been designed to help businesses update and enhance the exterior of their premises. It is hoped that if enough businesses take part, there will be a positive visual impact on the area. This is a grant-based scheme with individual grants of up to £750 available. Funding will be allocated on a first come first served basis subject to individual applications meeting the guidelines below, which apply to this award of grant
- For more information on Armadale, Bathgate and Whitburn contact Nairn Pearson on 01506 637537.
- For more information on Linlithgow, Broxburn and Uphall contact Stewart Ness on 01506 283240.
- For more information on villages in West Lothian contact Gemma Telfer on 01506 283400
There is also a Shop Shutters Improvement Scheme for Broxburn and Uphall. The design guidance in the link below also provides advice on shutters and there is a link to the application form which can be downloaded.
Further guidance and application forms:
- Armadale Shopfront Improvement council letter [291kb]
- Armadale Shopfront Improvement Guidance [993kb]
- Armadale Shopfront Improvement application form [50kb]
- BUTA_ShutterUpgrade_SchemeIntroductionLetter_2018 1 [52kb]
- BUTA_ShutterUpgrade_SchemeDetailLetter_(2012) 2 [182kb]
- BUTA_ShutterUpgrade_ApplicationForm_2018 3 [53kb]
- BUTA_Security_shopwatch_SchemeIntroductionLetter_2018 4 [52kb]
- BUTA_Security_Shopwatch_SchemeDetailLetter_2018.pdf [188kb]
- BUTA_Security_shopwatch_ApplicationForm_2018 6 [53kb]
- Broxburn and Uphall Shopfront Design Guidelines [372kb]
- BUTA_Shopfront_SchemeLetter_2018 8 [52kb]
- BUTA_Shopfront_ApplicationForm_2018 9 [53kb]
- Linlithgow Shopfront Improvement Council Letter [112kb]
- Linlithgow Shopfront Improvement Supplementary Planning Guidance [5Mb]
- Linlithgow Shopfront Improvement Application Form [40kb]
- Villages Shopfront improvement scheme guidance [1Mb]
- Villages Shopfront improvement scheme application form [49kb]